At 12:01am on the 1st of January this year I did what most optimistic fools do, I made a set of New Year’s resolutions.
It’s been two and a half weeks since that happened, so let’s take stock of how I am currently tracking for 2014.
- Go gluten free – The ham and salad full wheat sandwich I had for lunch was delicious.
- Popcorn only on last weekend of the month – Had popcorn last night, on a Tuesday (the 17th), second time this week.
- Be more organised with food preparation – Haven’t eaten at home for two weeks.
- Go to the gym at least three times a week – Joined the gym 9 days ago, haven’t been (in my defence I have been sick)
- Stop drinking soft drinks – Had coke last night and the night before, but that was the first time this year
- Stop spending money like an idiot – Just spent $150 on modcloth.com
- Use You Need a Budget (YNAB) every day – Paid $64.99 for it and used it twice
- Save for mortgage – This one is on track. Go me.
- Read more books – Read three pages of The Book Thief to try and remind myself before I saw the movie.
- Only check Facebook once a day (at night) – Was at home sick for five days, was on Facebook 70% of my awake time.
- Only go to the movies once or twice a week (Saturdays/Sundays) – This has actually happened. Although this weekend is proving to be a bit of a hard task, as there are about 4 new movies I want to see!
- Only go out to dinner once a week (Friday/Saturday/Sunday nights) – So far so good, except for the week where a friend visited from Adelaide.
- Start a new blog – hello there!
Whelp. Room for improvement, I think.