My friend sent me this recipe a few weeks ago and it’s been my favourite “go-to” ever since – so easy, healthy and delicious. I believe it’s originally from Eat Yourself Sexy Australia.
This salad will last for days – so I usually cook it up, eat some and then divide the rest up for lunches. Because quinoa is so filling, you don’t need a huge serving either.
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (don’t know how to cook quinoa? – this is handy)
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- Zest of 1 lemon
- ½ avocado
- ½ pomegranate, seeded (I’ve used freeze dried seeds too, but they should be put on just before served, for crunch!)
- Mixed leaves – rocket and spinach are my favourites
- 2 chicken thighs, marinated in a spice or spice mix of your choice for 1 hour
- 1 teaspoon seeded mustard
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 50ml of extra virgin olive oil
- Combine in a large stainless steel bowl the cooked quiona, parsley, lemon zest, avocado, pomegranate and mixed leaves.
- Grill the chicken thighs until cooked through.
- Combine dressing ingredients in an air tight glass jar and shake thoroughly.
- Pour over salad, mix well and serve topped with sliced chicken.